Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Kylie lips & NYX

Today I created a quick, and simple tutorial inspired by Kylie Jenners lips...

Because they are just amazing..... 

She uses lots of nudes with pink, and purple undertones. She also over lines her lips with a darker lip liner to create a super full look.

First I start out by exfoliating my lips, and making sure they are moisturized. Nothing looks worse than a matte lipstick on dry lips. 


Next take a concealer that is a close shade to your foundation, and cover your enter lip, as well as a little outside your lip line. This will allow you too outline your lips a little outside your lip line without it looking funny. It will also cancel out your lip color for a clean slate. Kylie definitely draws outside the natural lip line for that fuller look. 


Now we are ready for lip liner. Outline your lips all the way, and just a little outside your natural lip line. Today I used NYX lip liner in Mauve. I love these. I think I may have an addiction....


Now we are ready for that lipstick !!! You can apply it with a lip brush or the lipstick directly. I usually apply two coats, letting the first to dry before the second. I LOVE the lipstick from NYX in Matte Whipped Caviar, and think it is a pretty close match. So creamy, smooth, and delivers a very pigmented color. 


 
There we go!!!! As you can see I did matte shadows, and winged liner to go along with this Kylie Jenner inspired look. Best part is the lip liner is $3.99, and the lipstick is $5.99!!!! Let me know your thoughts, and if you want a tutorial on the eyes leave a comment below!!!!

XOXO Evelyn & Katie  ❤️

4 comments:

  1. Would love a tutorial on the eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brave is one of my favs when Kylie wears it!!! You rock it even BETTER 💋

    ReplyDelete