Monday, April 6, 2015

How to Round Brush Your Hair

Love how your hair looks after you leave the salon but can't quite get it to look the same at home? 

All you need is your blow drier, a round brush, a hair clip, and a little product!

Start with freshly washed, towel dried hair.



When I blow out my hair I love to use It's a 10 Silk Express Miracle Silk Smoothing Balm 

buy it here http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=xlsImpprod6481258


I applied two pumps for my amount of hair. After applying, comb through to distribute evenly.


Dry your hair until it's almost all the way dry and you can just feel a little moisture left in it. This cuts down on time and cuts down on the amount of times you are putting the round brush through your hair. You just want to use the brush to smooth and add volume.


I always start with the front section of my hair since it's the most important! Lift the hair and hook the round brush in at the base. You'll want to have lots of tension for maximum volume. 


As you get to the ends of your hair begin to turn the round brush under, grabbing the ends and rolling it up into the brush. Hold the heat for a few seconds. You will have to do this process multiple times on each section.


Lots of volume already!

Now you are going to clip up the majority of your hair and left the section at the bottom out. Rule of thumb: don't take sections bigger than your round brush.



For my amount of hair I am able to do this bottom section in just two sub sections.


Now let down your next section


When drying the hair around my face I hold the brush vertically to get a slight curl away from my face


Continue this process working around your head and letting down sections.


As you get closer to the top elevate you brush upwards for more volume.


At the crown, you can over direct your brush forward for extra lift. 


Another trick is to hold the heat for a few seconds on the brush and then let it cool while it's still wrapped up in the brush. Letting it cool creates memory and will keep your hair from going flat!


Love all this volume! And no, even as a hair stylist I don't do this do my hair every day! But it sure is nice to know how when I have a special reason to! I hope this helped you girls!

We are working on a video set up so that we can get even more hands on and you can follow along better!




Xoxo Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment