Monday, June 15, 2015

Summer Lippies and Braids

If you know me, you know there's two things I love in this world: lip color and braids.

I have recently discovered my new lip obsession with ColourPop lippie stix. They come in 6 different finishes... glossy, hyper-glossy, cream, satin, pearlized and my favorite matte. The best part? They are only 5 bucks a piece. I scored 6 of these gems for 30 dollars and free shipping.


Swatches of my first 6 shades




Lumiere- A dusty mauve pink in a matte finish. So perfect for the 90's coming back around. I'm in love with this shade.


Westie- A soft dusty baby pink in a matte finish, goes great with any outfit I put on.


Fiesta- A light peachy pink in a cream finish, gorgeous summer shade.


Monkey- Bright bubble gum pink in a hyper glossy finish. Not gonna lie this one makes me feel a little like Barbie.


Easy- Pale pink in a glossy finish, another great neutral for anyone's collection.


Pepper- MY FAVORITE. Pastel pinky lilac in a matte finish. Great stand out color without feeling too crazy.

Top of your fun new lippie stix with a messy summer braid. I live in braids for the summer, and this is a perfect one to get your hair off your neck and shoulder in the summer heat, without just throwing your hair in a pony.


Split your hair down the center. Begin a 3 strand dutch braid. The only difference between a french braid and a dutch braid is, with a dutch braid you are crossing the outside piece under the center rather than over it.



Over direct the braid to the center part you created


Secure with an elastic and pin into place



Repeat on other side



Over lap the braids to hide any bobby pins

So there are a few of my favorites I'm obsessing over at the moment. If you would like to order from ColourPop click here.

I will be back with more tips and tutorials soon, love you girls!!

xoxo Katie












No comments:

Post a Comment